Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The New Library Card


A man comes in and wants to get a new card. Yes, he had one before and lost it. I know, I know, it's one of the worst sins to lose a library card.

Well, we looked him up on the computer and he had a significant fine. He said, "Well, I want a new card."

We explained to him that he would have to pay off his fines first. He noded in understanding and walked back to our library catolog computers and we figured that was that.

He returned a few minutes later and requested a new library card.

We looked up in amazment.

"Okay, we'll have to pay the fines first and then we'll get you the new card."

He turned red, "But, I just signed up for a new card! I don't want to pay for that old one"

We almost couldn't control our laughter. People can be so creative, it amazes me.

No comments: