Friday, July 25, 2008

The Story Begins With A

So I finally got to this point. I have been fighting the move into Online Blogging about my Job, but It has become ineveitable. I love where I work. There are few places stranger than the library. I don't mean the building, though late at night in the library with all the lights off gives off a certain "Ghostbusters" feeling, but I mean the class of people frequenting the place.
I have few days go by that I don't get the feeling that reading and mild clinical insanity go hand in hand.
To give you an example, I have developed a certain O.C.D. lately. I can't go into a room with a book shelf and not notice if the books are arranged by the Heralded Dewey Decimal System. And if they're not, good heavens! Look Out! As I tear them apart and arrange them into Self Help Books and Self Destruction Books. And don't you even think about putting Tom Clancy and Jane Austen together. I'd be tapping the light switch and rubbing my belly until I burned a hole into my stomache. So my theory of Clinical Literary Obsessive Compulsionism even applies to the librarians themselves. Could you expect any less? Spending more time with books than with your own species can only lead to some social strangeness. I'm gonna have to ask a doctor about this....
Another funny thing you'd only understand as a devotee of the Library... I actually used the Thesaurus and the Online Dictionaries to decide on a URL for this blog. I mean, seriously who does that? Well, Apparently I did. Let me know, you other Online Library Gurus and Anti-Socialites if I'm wrong about any of this. So. I guess this begins, in the middle of the story of course, the story of my life in the Library... I hope I can survive it... and I really hope I at least get a cool T-Shirt.

No comments: